Concord Township Fire Department has been serving the unincorporated areas of Concord Township since 1952.
Our department was originally organized as an all volunteer service in 1952 in response to a large commercial fire in Dunlap. The department was organized as a not-for-profit corporation operated that way for 53 years. The department grew and in 2005 the department became an entity of Concord Township government.
Today, we are an advanced life support (EMT-Paramedic) provider with two manned ambulances. We provide emergency medical service to all of the unincorporated area of Concord Township and to surrounding townships by contract or mutual aid agreements. Our members are fully trained and certified firefighters with a minimum of an EMT certification. We also have specialty equipment such as a heavy rescue, 100 foot quint, and boat.
We respond to approximately 1,500 calls per year that include emergency medical, rescue, and fire calls. Our department is a combination department consisting of full-time paid, part-time paid, and volunteer staff. We have two manned stations and 10 apparatus.